How to move a heavy shed?

Page 2 of 2

Sliding it on greased rails or on skids is much safer than rollers.
Try your darndest to get them to drop it in the right place to begin with.
Ask the people who built it for suggestions. My SIL had a similar sized shed (no drywall, but it weighed a lot more than a simple shed of the same size would have weighed), and I had all sorts of nightmare pictures in my head of how to move the durn thing - I get roped into doing that sort of stuff there.
Turns out that the builder had built it on sleepers (PT 6x6), and would have been relatively easy to drag - at least in that direction with a 4x4 in 4-low and/or a comealong or two. Especially on gravel.
Fortunately, they dropped it in the right place, and nothing needed to be done.
--
Chris Lewis,