How to measure .045 inch?

Page 2 of 2
On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 22:31:12 -0700, Eigenvector wrote:

I just grabbed a plug and eyeballed an 045 gap. Ended up close to 050 but that's still within tolerances.

Very very close to 3/64 which is .0469 (rounded off). If you absolutely can't go get a plug gap gauge use a 3/64 drill bit. Assuming you have one that is.
Thank you all!
The 16 gauge wire and the CD came the closest. Yes, I did feel pretty stupid after I bought the sparkplugs and then realized that I had lost my gauge. Thanks for saving me a 25/50 mile trip to Pepboys Auto Supply.
--
Walter
www.rationality.net