How to make fiberglass surfaces?

Hi all,
Recently I saw in the local stores kitchen cabinets with counter tops made of fiberglass. I remembered I saw by TV guys made surf boards of fiberglass. I looked not so difficult: just using some chemical agents over a fiberglass foam. Then I'm interested in making custom countertops of fiberglass. So does anybody knows which is the process? Some useful links?
Thanks in advance.
--
Faustino Dina
Dina, These guys are the leader when it comes to fibrglass coatings and epoxy. http://www.gougeon.com / You can order a free catalog, "how to book " from them.

fiberglass.
fiberglass

www.systemthree.com,download the Epoxy Book.
Basically,you lay out fiberglass cloth and cover it with thin epoxy,just enough to wet the cloth thoroughly,then repeat until you get the desired thickness.Boat-building often uses glass/epoxy construction.
Also,there's no such thing as fiberglass foam,AFAIK. There's foam-core overlaid with glass cloth and epoxy resin. You can overlay wood or other materials with glass cloth and epoxy resin,too. Avoid using polyester resin,it's harder to work with.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net