How to make fiberglass surfaces?

Hi all,

Recently I saw in the local stores kitchen cabinets with counter tops made of fiberglass. I remembered I saw by TV guys made surf boards of fiberglass. I looked not so difficult: just using some chemical agents over a fiberglass foam. Then I'm interested in making custom countertops of fiberglass. So does anybody knows which is the process? Some useful links?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Faustino Dina

Dina, These guys are the leader when it comes to fibrglass coatings and epoxy.

can order a free catalog, "how to book " from them.

Best Regards, Dennis J Sunday Home Inspection Systems

Dennis J Sunday

"Faustino Dina" wrote in news:btbsj9$5f8ai$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-154381.news.uni-berlin.de:

the Epoxy Book.

Basically,you lay out fiberglass cloth and cover it with thin epoxy,just enough to wet the cloth thoroughly,then repeat until you get the desired thickness.Boat-building often uses glass/epoxy construction.

Also,there's no such thing as fiberglass foam,AFAIK. There's foam-core overlaid with glass cloth and epoxy resin. You can overlay wood or other materials with glass cloth and epoxy resin,too. Avoid using polyester resin,it's harder to work with.

Reply to
Jim Yanik