How to make a wooden lampshade

Page 2 of 2
On 2/13/2012 9:18 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

mike is right.
Da Vinci was wasting so much time painting he finally had to give up and do something useful. He became a productive member of society as a janitor.

Yeah, as if Da Vinci made dated, crappy junk in the most inefficient way possible. Who wants to pay $1000+ for a 70's looking lampshade, when you can get the same ugly lampshade for a fraction of the price?
On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:06:57 -0800 (PST), mike

Not me. But being able to make it is something you will never know about. Monetary value is not a consideration for the maker.
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

You actually EAT the fish you catch? You actually CATCH fish when you go "fishing?"
I thought the purpose of a fishing trip was to drink beer!
Shows what I know.
On Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 5:12:59 AM UTC-7, HeyBub wrote:

Does he not know that he can go to walmart and pay 99cents for a shade that was built by Malaysian orphans in a sweat shop from materials acquired from a toxic borrow pit in Mongolia!
Instead he took this perfectly good piece of wood that could have rotted away in a forest!