How to make a speedbump-like concrete dam?

Sakrete sells a new type of cold patch asphalt that is pretty amazing.

Reply to
ATP

Right!

I don't know where they get the addresses from (perhaps in part from domain registrations), but they are sure mistaken as to what I sell. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I don't have any domains in my name, but get the emails. I also get them where they saw my personal website, and ask really stupid questions. The site states that it's a personal site, and what is listed for sale is are the only things available. Then I get some idiot wanting a quote on 10,000 glass fuses, or to buy HP parts from a compiled HP to OEM list that states that it's just a reference. Any response from the site with an altered subject line is ignored, since the subject line matches the page the email me from and every page has a different title.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"ATP" fired this volley in news:4e9a2d8e$0 $1995$ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net:

I don't know this for a fact, but doubt that it would take a fully-loaded hard surface forklift running over it.(for long, at least)

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

A street near me I frequently dirve on had speed bumps put in.

Six months later they put on another layer of asphalt, but not on the bumps, making the bumps shorter. I like it this way, but the OP should make sure he doesn't end up doing the same thing.

Reply to
micky

Outside of the building, shaped like this, right?

\___________/ where the bay is above the dam.

Reply to
micky

You could put in a shallow V shaped drainage swale in front of the door to direct the water away, I would dig out the asphalt for a good two feet in front of the door and use portland cement concrete with some reinforcement.

Won't keep wind driven water out of the building, but it will redirect water from a normal rainstorm around and away.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human