How to loosen PVC P-Trap that is stuck?

Hi, I have retrieve a piece of jewellery that has fallen down the sink. We think it might still be in the P-trap - but dont know for sure. When I try to open it up, the PVC joints are tight - looks like with putty. How can I pry them open? ANy solution that would loosen it up again? Best. KC

KG

Reply to
atlplumber

If it's glued, you'll have to saw it out.

I assume that this P trap doesn't have a cap on the bottom to allow you to retrieve your jewellery?

Reply to
Noozer

They don't "pry" -- normally traps are threaded so they can be removed

-- if not, as Noozer says, it was likely glued up. If that's the case, your only recourse is the saw. Put it back w/ a conventional p-trap and won't have such a problem next time.

--

Reply to
dpb

Bust it out and replace it with a new one.

Reply to
HomerS

replying to dpb, Ron The Man wrote: What about heating up the PVC near the threaded area to loosen the glue?

Reply to
Ron The Man

What about homemoaners folks reading the date of posts before replying?

Reply to
trader_4

Oren posted for all of us...

Flame on, brother...

Reply to
Tekkie®

replying to Ron The Man, roadcamel wrote: You may not have helped the guy from 2007 but you helped me and probably others who Googled this thread. You also spelled your words correctly.

Reply to
roadcamel

roadcamel posted for all of us...

Datz nize