How to loosen PVC P-Trap that is stuck?

Hi, I have retrieve a piece of jewellery that has fallen down the sink. We think it might still be in the P-trap - but dont know for sure. When I try to open it up, the PVC joints are tight - looks like with putty. How can I pry them open? ANy solution that would loosen it up again? Best. KC
KG

If it's glued, you'll have to saw it out.
I assume that this P trap doesn't have a cap on the bottom to allow you to retrieve your jewellery?
atlplumber wrote:

They don't "pry" -- normally traps are threaded so they can be removed -- if not, as Noozer says, it was likely glued up. If that's the case, your only recourse is the saw. Put it back w/ a conventional p-trap and won't have such a problem next time.
On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 09:26:25 -0500, "atlplumber"

Bust it out and replace it with a new one.