How to locate leak in vynl liner

Does anyone know any good techniques for locating a leak in a vynl pool liner? I know there is a leak in the bottom but when I raise the material to try an locate it the water is pushed away and the leak stops.

It's an inflatable pool, 12 foot diameter by 30 inches deep.

Thanks

Reply to
weeG

Let it drain that will show the leak height then look and feel for something poking through. Or seal that perimiter leak height. Just a guess

Reply to
m Ransley

There is no easy way. One way is to get a mask and snorkle and just search the whole liner for it. You didn't say how much water you were losing but if it is an inch a day or more you should be able to see it with no trouble. If you have it on grass maybe you can see which side the grass is wet on to narrow down the search. Good Luck

Reply to
Randd01

I know roughly where it is because of the puddle that forms in the grass. I had about 3 inches of water in it and it drained over a 2-day period. The pool appears to have a double liner. Am I correct to assume that it's easier to fix it from the inside?

Thanks

Reply to
weeG

if you have an idea where the leak is you might be able to put down newspaper or something if the leak is in a circle the center is where the leak is

you could turn the pool upside down and put water on the bottom and see if you can spot a drip underneath

Any pool dealer will also have dye you can use with a mask and snorkel to look for the leak!

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

At least we've learned that the leak is on or near the bottom. It may be at the seam between the sides and bottom. (explaining why you can't see it)

Try placing a dry pool on a dry surface (perhaps a few bed sheets or drag the pool into the garage). Draw some sort of grid pattern on the surface so that you can track the results. Splash a *SMALL* amount of water around inside the pool and see where the wet spot develops. The trick is to create a small wet spot. If you saturate the surface, nothing will be learned.

Reply to
Barry Mann