How to live without electrcity

Those are excellent, for people who are far sighted enough to be prepared, as a way of life. I got some oil lamp wicks from Lehmans. Only place I could find 5/8 inch wicks. Well, that and Ebay.

.

You can also shop at Lehman's' for non-electric appliances and tools

They have composting toilets, wood cook stoves, gas refrigerators, etc.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Drive to an Amish house and move in.

Reply to
ktos

Ordinarily, I would have thought that.

Canada's huge trading advantage with the US (a dollar that historically was valued at 75-80% of the US dollar) has been wiped away for the past

5 years. And even in spite of that, we're doing very well, with an unemployment rate that's 1 or 2 points below yours, and a FED interest rate that's sitting at 1% (not zero).

You've already jumped off the cliff, and you didn't take us with you.

Reply to
Home Guy

Darn Homo Gay, why are you wasting your time with people so far beneath you. Shouldn't you be spending your time communicating with superior people from European countries basking in the bright sun of prosperity? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Why don't we send Canada 30 million unemployable inner city "democrats" and see how they do then.

Reply to
gfretwell

Looks like the slack in the chain is starting to tighten up....

Gunner

-- ""The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That?s why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.

Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don?t have a clue as to political reality. What amazes me is that you could take a group of people who are hard workers and convince them that they should support social programs that were the exact opposite of their own personal convictions. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to vote any way you want.

The voter is basically dumb and lazy. The reason I became a Democratic operative instead of a Republican was because there were more Democrats that didn?t have a clue than there were Republicans." James Carvell, DNC operative

Reply to
Gunner

Yah..like the Greeks and the Spanish!

[...]

[Gunner's properly delineated, but very long sig reproduced in part;]

I wasn't the only one who doubts he said that-

At least spell his name right.

If you've got a source, I'm sure Snopes will consider it.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

But Im a registered Democrat. So whatever I say should be accepted at some value of True. 5 generations of Democrats and their supporters have proven that beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Want cites?

Please say yes...please....

So now that Ive shown Im untouchable..feel free to piss off.

[...]

Why didn't you do more to make abortion and birth control easily available to those inner city teenage democrats 10 - 20 years ago?

Reply to
Home Guy

You'll hit bottom before we feel it. We'll still be on our feet.

You're about to go over the fiscal cliff in a couple of months.

Your biomedical industry just announced thousands of layoffs today. Go to Limbaugh's website and read the details.

Reply to
Home Guy

The UK just announced no more aid to India. They will probably give some reason other than that they are broke.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

Yeah, BUT, isn't he one of those right wing pundits that got the election so wrong?

Now, f this thread had been filled with practical tips, it might have been useful in the future.

Reply to
terryc

Well..you may be on your knees..but yeah..you might survive better than the US, thats quite true.

About to? We are in free fall already.

Its all over the net already.

The results of having Obama reelected..really didnt sink in to the minds of the Drones and Useful Idiots on t he Left.

But it will..most assuredly..it will.

[...]

Hey, don't forget the other half of my family which makes me related to all of Europe, North Africa, etc, The Italians. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I don't know - I don't follow limbaugh (the bag of wind) that much. I don't think he predicted a romney win.

Here's a useful tip: There is no practical way to live without electricity.

Reply to
Home Guy

Unfortunately, your ancestors appear to have managed the trick.

Reply to
rbowman

Those dumb asses who voted for and support BeeHO and company are going to suffer from the Law Of Unintended Results and they'll blame everyone but the actual culprits, their lord and master plus his minions. I'm sort of wondering and or imagining how companies are going to reorganize with a core of 29 or whatever the trigger is, full time employees and the rest part time. I imagine Craigslist will be full of help wanted ads for people to work as independent contractors getting a 1099 tax form instead of all the tax and Social Security contributions employers handle now. It will have absolutely no direct effect on me because my medical problems keep me from holding a full time job anyway. I work for myself, do contract labor and work as hard as I can when I can. What's kind of amusing to me about the effect of Obama on the amount work I may get. I get called in to fix cluster coitus events and I have a feeling that companies which find it necessary to decrease the number of their full employees may be forced to keep their Affirmative Action morons rather than competent workers who don't qualify for Politically Correct quotas. Darn, I better rest up. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

There are plenty. It is just that as a form of energy, it is very convenient. in fact, it is the only form of energy that I can "renew" in the short term. Growing woodlots to run the steam engine tends to take a while in comparison.

Reply to
terryc