How to live without electrcity

Page 2 of 4
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 22:03:56 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Doesn't help Canuckistanis.

That is more real than you intended. In my corner of Canada, the Chinese population is about 50% and growing. Entire shopping malls are taken over by them without an English word anywhere in the mall.
Loh ha ma?
On 11/15/2012 10:09 AM, EXT wrote:

Here in The U.S. it's Mexican Spanish but people are ignoring the Chinese infiltration of other countries and don't realize what can and will happen with "uncontrolled" immigration to the borders, language and culture of a country. If you and me were put in suspended animation then revived after even a half century we would hardly recognize our own countries and the culture. O_o
TDD
On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 11:09:38 -0500, "EXT"

On 11/15/2012 7:48 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Here in the U.S. most of the yacking is about Hispanics taking over whole areas while some places have turned into Middle Eastern enclaves complete with their own version of law and order. Chinese people are everywhere even here in my own city. Birmingham is a very young city, founded in 1871, compared to those cities on the coasts but people from everywhere in the world have settled in the area from the start. When I tell people there are a lot of "real" Africans living in Birmingham, their reaction is usually quite entertaining. ^_^
TDD

So what are they going to do...send over cargo containers loaded with troops? Or launch their 20 short range nukes?

Good for you!

Shrug..when they were installed wrong..ayup...screwed em up good.
And the earthquake and tidal wave we sent them...doubled the money.
There are what...65 million Canucks..and 350 million Americans?
Pray we remain good neighbors. Else we will send you all the wetbacks. Crom knows you have enough Islamofundimentalist terrorists hanging out in Canada, planning for more strikes on the US.
Piss em off, double dare you!
Gunner
-- "

90% of the Middle East oil goes to China. The US gets part of the remaining 10%. Canada will be a minor supplier to them. And probably become dependant on them for income.
Most of the US energy is indeed domestically produced, principally from gas at the moment. With new sources coming on line, we should be net energy exporters in a few years.

Energy independence and the economy are not the same issue. Granted, high energy consumption is linked to an active economy, but energy is in no way causing The Great Recession. In fact your great Chinese economy is very dependent on what is to them foreign oil.

We told them to build them in an earthquake zone that was subject to tsunamis did we? We told them to install a backup system incapable of shutdown in an earthquake did we? We told them not to upgrade it did we? We told them to claim it was great and lie about the shoddy condition did we? Damn, we be bad.
Your blind hatred keeps you from seeing simple facts and makes you look like an idiot. Great image you are presenting for Canadians.
Winston_Smith wrote:

High prices for energy and petroleum (caused by your Fed driving down your dollar) is playing a significant role in your stagnant, near-dead economy.

Their per-capita expenditure for oil is very low. Their economy or economic output is nowhere near as sensitive to the price of oil (read: gasoline) as yours is. Like it or not, their working class can produce stuff for 12 hours a day and eat/sleep the other 12 hours for a lot less energy input (petro-energy input) than US, Canada or Europe.

You twisted enough arms or played enough political cards or greased enough palms to force them as a nation to go with your US (GE) designed boiling water reactors, which are extremely vulnerable and inherently unsafe anywhere where earthquakes or flooding can happen (which is essentially anywhere in Japan). Corporatism at it's finest.

Again you confuse hatred with criticism.

Heh Heh, You couldn't even beat a bunch of clothheads in Afghanistan.
harry wrote:

Good point. They're called rag-heads over here.
The idiocy of suggesting that the US would threaten Canada with nukes. Would you really be that depraved of a country to do that? (don't answer that...)
You'd have to put boots on the ground. And just remember we've got some of the best military sharp-shooters in the world. And because we're a NATO member country, there are some friends we'd call on (and just remember that the UK has nukes).
On 11/4/2012 6:36 AM, Home Guy wrote:

You must be suffering from H.I.S.I., pronounced "hissy". It stands for (H)umor (I)rony (S)arcasm (I)mpairment. People with that particular mental disease are said to have H.I.S.I. fits and often put on a big display of pseudo-intellectualism about the subject at hand when they fail to see the humor or bizarreness of statements made by someone who is attempting to pull their leg. It's also called The Mr. Data response in some circles. ^_^
TDD
On Sun, 04 Nov 2012 08:56:41 -0600, The Daring Dufas

The dude is probably French Canadian. They have zero sense of humor. Mutants deported from France to try to improve the blood lines of those remaining in France. The culls so to speak.
Gunner
-- "
Gunner wrote:

You have that backwards. The culls stayed home kissing Louis' hindparts.
Drive to an Amish house and move in.

When the French Canadians' ancestors were kicked out of France, it doubled the IQ of both countries.

Indeed you do have some..some of the best sharpshooters in the world. Not bad at all. And I tip my hat to the lads from the plains provinces.
Now the rest of you...snicker..... hose heads ya know eh?!
Gunner, who grew up in Northern Michigan in the Keewanah...and could see Canada from his front porch...on a clear day....chuckle
Gunner
-- "
On Sat, 3 Nov 2012 23:57:30 -0700 (PDT), harry

Tell that to the few survivors over there.
<VBG>
Notice that they are having to ship in Taliban from other nations? The resident ones...died.
Gunner
-- "
Gunner wrote:

Of course, the US decided places like the Korengal Valley didn't exist when trying to pacify them became too embarassing. iirc the Ivans were pretty selective too.
On 11/3/2012 10:06 AM, deep wrote:

Who would be around for them to sell resources to? ^_^
TDD
On Sat, 03 Nov 2012 11:29:18 -0500, The Daring Dufas

I for one could do without Canadian broadcasting, eh?