How to keep nuts attached to bolts

All joking aside, my nuts keep working their way off my bolts. The bolts in question are metric sized from a handtruck I got at Harbor Freight, so finding nyloc-nuts for them is difficult. Any other suggestions other than super gluing them together permanently? Or a place to get metric sized nyloc nuts?

Loc Tite

Is Loc Tite permanent? I have some loose bolt on my car, that hold the door strike. I tighten them, and two weeks later they are falling out. I don't want to glue them, cause I don't think it should be permanent; but if Loc Tite will keep them together, but still allow them to be removed, it will be great.

There is 2 Locktites Red and Blue. One is permant and the other you can get apart. Check your NAPA or other named auto parts store. W W

There are actually a rather large number of LocTites out there. Everything from locking down bolts/nuts to sealing threads. The red and blue are the most common. Neither are permanent. Blue will do about 90% of what you need and you can loosen bolts/nuts with a bit of muscle. The red requires you to heat the parts prior to applying muscle although I've found I can usually break apart the red without heat. Red would be used for those parts you don't plan to remove on a regular basis! Cheers, cc ps. Interestingly enough, the "Red" comes in a blue bottle....go figure...
Try a motorcycle shop for metric hardware.
Or use two nuts per bolt and tighten one against the other. With or without a lock washer between.
Or lock tite.
Or peen the edge of the nut against the bolt.
Safety wire.
Cotter pin.
Epoxy.
Weld.
Braze.
etc.
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 19:20:42 +0000, Yanni Appleseed wrote:

Lock-Tite, or get a few same sized nuts, thread them on to the bolt, tighten the two nuts together. Or drill the bolt after the nut and safety wire it. Lots of different way to do this.

Just slightly dinging the bolt threads acts as a locker.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Can't you leave it outside over the winter? Rust works well for non-stainless nuts & bolts.
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 19:20:42 GMT, Yanni Appleseed

Metric nylocs should not be that hard to come by, I'm pretty sure my local Ace Hardware store has them, maybe HD and/or Lowes too.
DJ

My Home Depot had the metric nuts squirreled away in the 'hard to find parts' drawers. Didn't see any metric nylocs though. Don't know about Ace or Lowes. I'll look next time I'm in the area.

Ace
Lock washers? A dab of Permatex? A sharp punch and peening? Why do you care if the nut is easily removable? Even superglue would easily remove under the torque of a wrench.
aem sends...
1. RED loctite.
OR
2. Split the tips of the bolts, after the nuts are on, with a cold chisel and hammer.
hth Fish
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 19:20:42 GMT, Yanni Appleseed

Thanks for the responses I will try some of them. I may end up doing the rust haha.