How to insulate around house drain on basement wall

I'm planning to insulate my basement walls with 2" polystyrene foam boards glued against the concrete walls (+ stud wall in front of that, + drywall f or fire barrier). Any suggestions of what to do when I get to the house dr ain against the wall? It's in the middle of a wall so not like I can just ignore it in an unfinished corner closet.
photo: http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/millinghill/SAM_8876_zps495 3d6fd.jpg
And, I'm not comfortable with the idea of these boards and finished drywall beneath the pipes because, if I ever have to use the cleanouts. it'll be a hideous messy disaster.
All suggestions appreciated. Someone must have dealt with this situation somewhere before!?!
Thanks, Theodore
Box it in behind some paneling that can be on hinges so you can open it. Below the boxed in area, put in some bookshelves that are as deep as the boxed in area in front of the pipes.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Foam board is out and I'd consider foam spray (messy when you need to work on the plumbing) or wrap fiberglass batts as best as you can.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

North Salem, CT?

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/millinghill/SAM_8876_zps4953d6fd.jpg
What a f'n ugly mess. What is that - 6" PVC?
Box it in like Hoffman says. Don't put insulation around it. You want the pipes to be exposed to ambient downstairs temperature as much as possible - not insulated from it.
HomeGuy wrote:

Then he can glue foam panel pieces to insdie wall of box.
Tony Hwang wrote:

If you insulate the pipes from the interior of the living space, the pipes will be exposed to the cinder block wall of that part of the foundation. If the air space surrounding the pipes goes below freezing - guess what happens?
If you insulate the shit around the pipes, you will insure that the pipes will eventually reach the same temperature as the cinder blocks that they're in contact with. So you'd have to judge just how cold that gets. Also - is there any insulation or barrier on the outside of the blocks?

Thank you. You have a _very_ valid point.

I would try put as much foam behind pipes. Try to add extender pieces to bring access ports to front of drywall.
Greg
replying to millinghill , jaydendonnelly wrote:

We have done rigid insulation before 3 months but after 1 month we found mould on that wall. One professional told us that rigid insulation creates a vapor-impermeable barrier, so the wall would have limited drying potential.