How to install wheels/casters on 7 cubic foot chest freezer?

I am going to buy a 7 cubic foot chest freezer very soon.
I was thinking it would be nice to set it on some casters so that I can easily roll it around to move it to diff part of house if needed. I live alone so wheels would be nice.
Do they specifically make such a "platform to use for said purpose above? If yes, where to buy?

Is this freezer an upright or the chest (horizontal) type? It makes all the difference in the world.
Steve

Pardon me, but in rereading your post, 7 cu. ft. is small. They sell furniture dollies that have good wheels. They are on a hardwood frame, with good wheels. The ones we used in the convention industry had immense capacity, and took a beating. For your use, they would be overkill, but you notice the difference when wheeling it around.
If it was me ............ I'd get one as close to the size as you can, and get one with ball bearing wheels. You will pay a little extra, but it will roll much better.
I'd start with googling material handling suppliers, furniture dollies, mover's dollies, and carts. You may even be able to pick one up locally cheap. The wheels are the whole deal. I replaced one wheel on one of mine, and IIRC, it was $13 or so. So X 4 plus the wood, you're probably in the $50 range. $5 - $10 at a yard sale. If you can only find a smaller one, put a piece of plywood on top. Remember two things if you do that: 1. It's going to be topheavy, and 2. the air circulation won't be as good. It would be better to have it open on bottom.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

Yep, HF has a small model for ten bucks. Should work swell.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber888

Check out Harbor Freight. They commonly have these listed as furniture dollies..
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

Someone already mentioned Harbor Freight.
http://tinyurl.com/yop6vx
http://tinyurl.com/y8jbu76
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Have you looked at the feet that are on the freezer now? If they fit in threaded holes, you may be able to find casters that screw right in. Make sure they are rated for the weight involved, of course.
-- aem sends...
7 cubic feet is tiny. Get a piece of plywood slightly larger than the bottom of the freezer and get 4 plate mount casters. If you watch on big trash day, you can probably pick up something for free.
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

Yes 7 feet is small..... but will be HEAVY when full of food.... hence the questions

I agree, it will be fairly heavy when filled, so if you go the 3/4" plywood platform route, I'd measure where the feet on the freezer are and be sure to place the casters directly under the feet. Buy good casters, rated for something around 100 lbs each.

About 450 pounds of contents when full.
TMT
Well, here is one readily available at Lowe's: http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId#5574-255-4032599NN&lpage=none
It is rated at 350 pounds. 4 wheels = 1400 pounds. That is over 200 pounds per cubic foot, more than if you filled the thing full of concrete.
There are others that can take more weight, use smaller wheels, use double wheels, use Shepard type ball casters. All of this stuff takes a bit of self help.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .