How to install swimming pool ladder inground pool

Hi,
This year I attached swimming pool ladder myself and wanted to ask you if it is ok, when ladder end is touching linear? Should ladders end in the water be away from pool wall and linear or it could touch it?
Thanks

I must be dense this morning because your post makes no sense to me. Did you ground the ladder? All metal within 5 feet of a pool must be grounded.
OK,
what I meant was one end of ladder goes into watter and another end goes into holes on the deck. Now, end of the part where ladder goes into water is bend and touches pool linear. I was wandering if that bend part should end just before liner, or as it is in my case - it actually touches linear and pushes it into wall of the pool.

The ladder in my pool has rubber caps on the end and it does touch the side of the pool. It hasnt damaged the liner over 8 years.
LugoMan,
Thanks for checking this for me. I just wanted to be sure, as this is first time I opened pool myself and now I am kind of paranoid that maybe I did something wrong :-).So most likely I installed ladder right. Unfortunatelly now my biggest problem is heater - it leaks from inside, so I'll have to call for help....
Thanks again