How to install Aube T1032 programmable wall switch?

Hi,

I am a complete newbie at home repairs.

I have an old switch box that has 3 wires. Two have hooked or curved ends; one is straight. All the wires are colored black, so I don't know which one is neutral or load.

I have a regular switch which uses the two hooked wires. The normal switch turns on the incandescent light without any problem.

The Aube T1032 has three wires labelled 1, 2 and C.

The manual does not quite show me how to install it with the existing normal switch.

I tried hooking wire 1 and 2 of the Aube wall switch to the two connecting points on the normal switch and the connect wire C of the Aube wall switch to the remaining wire in the switch box. When I push the reset button on the Aube wall switch, nothing happens.

Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Reply to
bobyu6

You have three wires in the box, but the existing switch only uses two of them. Leave the third wire alone. One of the two wires connected to the existing switch is the "hot" wire . With the power on and a tester of some sort, determine which one, then kill the power. Connect that "hot" wire to both "2" and "C" of the new switch. Connect the second black wire, formerly on the old switch to "1" of the new switch. Done

Reply to
RBM