How to hook up porch light?

I want to install a porch light with an on/off switch inside. I have a fan on the porch that uses a rheostat for on/off. Is there any way that I can hook up to the wires on the fan to give power to the porch light and have a switch for the light inside?
W. Wells wrote:

Hmm, Without looking(knowing) how it is wired, near impossible to give an answer.