How to hold those tiny nails

Page 2 of 2
sorry guys for me it was in the 80's....got my hemos (three different sizes)and a bunch of dental picks from a flea market. btw... the picks work really well releasing the connectors on cars wiring harnesses.

Yep - it's called a "cross peen" or warrington hammer. http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=3&p2052&cat=1,53193&ap=1 Hold the tack, and the narrow head of the hammer can hit the tack without smashing the surrounding fingers. Seems easier to me than getting an extra tool to hold brads/tacks. Andy
How about a small magnet?
Steve
On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 01:07:41 -0500, "tom&kel"

Mine actually served active duty from the 60s through the mid 90s.
Another reason I use the pencil is its length. If I need to put a nail (any size nail) a few inches taller than I can reach, the pencil and the hammer give me the extra "height." I just slap the pencil flat on the wall with the nail in position and reach the hammer up there to tap it partway in. Then pull the pencil down. The hammer takes it from there.
Told my husband about this thread and his first reaction was comb. So many clever ideas on this newsgroup. So glad to be here.
Maxi
Email addy upon request.
snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

Needle nose plier or pair of tweezers and rubber band.... Now you got the idea.
I bought an small electric staple gun a couple of years ago that will also handle brads. They come in a strip just like the staples do. You just take out the regular staples and load a strip on brads. There is one side of the stapler that is designated for the brads. I got it at Sears.
Charlie

A trim nail punch. I bought mine at a siding wholesaler for about $5 many years ago, but I do believe I seen them in the box stores.
http://malco.malcoproducts.com/products/siding-vinyl/index.asp

The tool is called a brad pusher. It's a hollow sleeve which is held up off of the solid rod of the screwdriver-like handle and held up with a light spring. You just drop a brad in the end and push it in with the handle. It handles a wide variety of brad/ small nail sizes.
Hire one of Santa's elves, work is kind of slow this time of year and Mrs Claus laid some of them off, bitch.-Jitney
Have your mother-in-law hold the nails. Slam the hammer wherever you want.