How To - Help Needed

I am trying to prepare for hurricanes later in the year. We have double doors in the front and I believe they would not stand up to high winds. I am assuming that the wood trim around the door is nailed to something heavy like 2x4s. I want to find something strong, U shaped, that I can screw to the door frame on the inside (they open inward)on both sides, if it looks like a hurricane really is going to hit us....and then put a 2x4 in the U across the doors. I need to be able to open the doors easily. I have a great room with double doors on one side and glass doors all across the back and we always board them up. Only way out of the house is front doors and through garage. If I can come up with something good I may do this to back door (leading into garage) as well because even though we have reinforced garage door it is not up to hurricane safety code. Any helps, suggestions, would be appreciated. Need something that can be done quickly because I don't want to mess up door frames unless it's absolutely necessary.
Have you considered permanently mounted storm shutters or screens? TB
Neither will help for the front doors. We have plywood to cover the windows.

Depends on how the house was made. Here in the Southwest the exterior door trim is finished air nailed into the door jam, like a 1 by 4. Doubt that your home is much different.
I want to find something strong, U shaped,

You want to protect the outside of the door but fasten it from the inside... Does not compute for me.
this is probably wrong
http://www.usahardware.com/inet/shop/item/71330/icn/20-603464/national/14.htm
Screw these inside and slide a 2x4 through them.... just a thought.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com writes:

Most hurricane preparations are untested superstitions with no engineering basis:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/msg/71a045135d3f6f80
Thanks to everyone for trying. I am not worried about protecting the doors - just don't want them to blow open. There is not enough room to slide anything in from the side; have to drop it in....that was the reason for wanting something U shaped. The doors open inward into an entry hall that is only a few inches wider on each side than the doors. If you'll come up with any suggestions - please keep posting. We may get lucky and not need these ... but you never know.
" snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote:

Easy enough to make a strap from 1/4" (or even heavier) --if you don't have ability to bend it yourself, a shop could do it easily.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The hallway has to stop somewhere. From wherever that is, a 2" steel fence pole (multiple pieces if necessary) at an angle to the center of the door, where the end of the pole is attached to a cross-piece 2x4.
Staple carpet to the 2x4 to keep from scratching the door. Store the whole thing with your other hurricane protections.