How to get rid of yellow jacket bee's nest ??

Page 2 of 5

theres NO need to light the gasoline dumped down the hole the vapors kill the stinging beasts.
of course I mix roundup and poision ivy killer 50% 50% to kill posion ivy.
I tend to do what works!
snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: ...

Don't know how to grind up a seven; Sevin(tm) is readily available afaik...
<http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId 67494&CAWELAID9327346>

Sevin is not available in Ontario in any form - I think that is true across Canada.
Might be available to a licenced pest exterminator, but I doubt it.
On 9/4/2010 12:16 PM, James wrote:

One good shot of wasp/hornet spray in the nest opening should do it. I've heard it is best to spray at night but I've done it many times in the day as sprayed yellow jackets are disoriented and don't get you.

They're not all home during the day, so even if you don't get stung you didn't do half the job.
On 9/4/2010 6:16 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Good point. I've seen some coming back the next day even but eventually they all disappear.

No, they just move their nest. ...likely somewhere else you don't want it.
On 9/4/2010 8:12 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Not to belabor the point, but I believe that yellow jackets are like other bees and once you've wiped out their base and killed the queen, the drones just get lost.
On 9/5/2010 8:33 AM, Frank wrote:

that is what we need to do to the dems in november.

............ no, that is what we are GOING to do to the dems in November ..............
Steve
On 9/5/2010 10:49 AM, Red wrote:

Great analogy ;)
On 9/4/2010 11:16 AM, James wrote:

You'll HAVE to find the hole and pour about a half gallon of gasoline down it. Done.
--
Steve Barker

And what about his grass plant, that will be dead too.
Why do all of you assume there is a "hole" ???? Most likely, it is a big nest, built inside the sawgrass.
On 9/4/10 7:48 PM, James wrote:

In the south they nest underground, so there must be a hole. I've found it takes only a tablespoon of gasoline. Sometimes waiting until sunset has helped me locate holes, but papas grass could make it tough.
You could wait until dark and toss a piece of liver where you think the hole is. Liver attracts skunks. A skunk who finds the hole will destroy the nest.
Another trick is an electric bug zapper on a long pole. Stick it where you think the hole is and shake it until the yellow jackets attack it.
James wrote the following:

Because I had one in my compost heap. The entrance was right on top of the pile with what looked like a marbleized plastic spill around the hole. I saw the wasps entering and leaving the hole. Because mine was on top of a pile, I just dug it up with a pitch fork and destroyed it.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 9/4/2010 6:48 PM, James wrote:

because yellow jackets nest IN the ground.
--
Steve Barker

Not always. They'll build typical wasp's nests, on buildings, trees, and such, too.

No less than your clueless top posting proselytizing ass.
Steve
James wrote:

Wow, you must have them really pissed off. I usually leave them alone and they leave me alone. I have a nest under the eave of my porch. I don't mind them.
--
LSMFT

I look outside this morning and everything was in 3D!