How to get rid of camel crickets?

Have identified the jumping things in the basement, what is the best way to eliminate them?

Reply to
allan

We don't have crickets here, the scorpions eat them ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

In article , snipped-for-privacy@his.com says... :) Have identified the jumping things in the basement, what is the best :) way to eliminate them? :) AS mentioned earlier.... Reducing the crawl space moisture and maybe use fans to create air circulation...have the crawl space dusted for insects, use a residual in the basement area. If the weather is mild where you are you may treat the mulched flower beds near the house. I am not really sure how effective "cricket baits" that are readily available will work on them, but if you find out it is, spreading that around the foundation and hidden areas of the basement should help.

Reply to
Lar

French fry them and dip in chocolate for unique snack.

Seriously, did you even consider doing a google search? One example

Maybe a dehumidifier would help so you could just sweep or vacuum up their carcasses. My primary problem last fall was Box Elder bugs (feed on Maple and Box Elder seeds), and this year is Asian Ladybugs (which fed on peach tree aphids).

Reply to
David Efflandt

get some geckos

Reply to
ChairMan

To assist in solving your problem with camel crickets, you might wish to look at this web site:

Stan

{Delete nospam for email}

Reply to
ssody