How to get an oval shaped copper pipe round again to install compression fitting

Page 2 of 2

mm: I meant "above" (not "over". Sorry)
It's true that we could rebuild the current valve. It will probably fail again soon or later though (unlike a ball valve).
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 06:21:06 -0800 (PST), neilsanner

Doesn't it depend on how much later later is.
Mine's 28 years old and good as new. How old is yours? How often do you shut it? Don't these things last 50 to 100 years?

I had a main valve fail once during a major plumbing job, it allowed the basement to flood.
given my unhappy experience a new quarter turn ball valve is a excellent idea.
some things are best not repaired but replaced. that valve is one on my short list:)

Thanks to all!!! Really!!! You guys are very helpful and very knowledgeable persons.
Best regards, NeilSanner
"neilsanner" ...

So what did you end up doing?
Yes, the clamp part of a flare tool can be useful.
For out of round fittings, stick brazing often can fill some larger gaps.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus