How to get a grease stain out of patio brick?

Hello, I was hoping that someone can recommend what remedy to try to get a grease stains out of the patio bricks. Our grill leaked and we have large grease stains on the patio. The patio is made out of some sort of stone (looks like bricks to me). I tried Goo Gone but that did not work. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Katie

Try using waterless hand cleaner - like mechanics use. Goop is one brand. Scrub it into the stain dry with a stiff brush. Then hose it off thoroughly. I use the stuff on black grease on clothes, and it completely removes the grease.
Bob .

You will probably never get it all from the pores. I'd try some Oil Dry first, letting it stand a few days, they I'd try soaking it with Dawn and hosing it off.
What am I saying? No, I'd just probably just learn to live with it. They do make mats to go under grills that are supposed to stop that from happening.

Thank you for your replies. I feel extremely stupid that we did not get the mat (first house + first grill = newbies). Thank you for you suggestions, I will try it. PS I am getting used to the idea of living with these stains.

Muriatic acid might work if you remember to be extremely careful not to touch it or breathe the fumes.
http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/infxtra/infmur.html
and don't keep it around if you have kids
just forget about it since it will likely happen again.........
or replace a few pavers if it really bugs you.
once you get old lots of stuff that bugs you now will be invisible once your 50 years old or more:(

Probably not. Acids will attack the bricks, but do nothing to the grease. A strong alkali such as lye or washing soda would be a better bet: it will attack the grease, and do nothing to the bricks.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

Muriatic acid won't do much at all to the brick but will tend to dissolve mortar if the joints are (didn't note if OP said). (There's a reason it's used for cleanup of new masonry where needed :) ).

On Jul 7, 9:36 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Another favorite of mechanics everywhere is 'Fast Orange' by Permatex. Coat liberally, let it soak overnight and hose off. Even better, try some of the pro products at a janitorial supply store. Odds are they will have some really rough stuff that is made for the job. Cleaning commercial kitchens with such is what pros do, but mind the instructions, they aren't for the careless and clueless. HTH
Joe
On Jul 7, 10:36 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Good old spray can oven cleaner which just happens to be a buck a can at the ace hardware the next week or so. The lye will render the grease a bit more water soluble. You might need to repeat the application.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

TSP is the "standard" -- available any hardware/paint/box store.
If there's a lot on the surface yet, the kitty litter to absorb what is there is good first. Wouldn't go buy it just for the purpose, but if happen to have some, dry concrete/cement/mortar works well as an absorbent as well.
I probably shouldn't say it, but another "trick" which can work fairly well to get rid of a fair amount is a match. That assumes, of course, it's not right against a wood-sided house or other low overhang...and you keep/have a hose handy. :)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Along with other things suggested: is Greased Lightning.
Driveway oil stains I've always been able to remove with cat litter. Pour on. Let it st a couple of days. Remove and pour on some more. Grind in hard with foot. Lot it sit. Maybe another round if you want.
Then there's Greased Lightning. Have seen that do good on a lot of hopeless stuff.

Follow this method above ... I buy a gallon of concentrate Greased Lightening and dilute as needed. IIRC a product called "purple stuff" is now Greased Lightening((??).
Just the other day, while working around the pool I spilled some muriatic acid on a paver (landscape type). right away I washed it off ( and my light ankle splatter ). It looked better than new; regarding. a clean look.
-- Oren
replying to kavlainc, James wrote: This worked for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDdRz5zjspg

replying to James, Zoran wrote: Is this real? I'm dealing with a lot of little grease spots and have one of theses blow torches. Thinking of trying it out.
On Saturday, July 7, 2007 at 9:36:20 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

What you want is a non-acid poltice powder. You put the powder and degreaser on the stain. As it dries it pulls the stain from the pores of the bricks. Do a Google search for poltice powder and you will find a number of products.
On Mon, 18 Apr 2016 10:19:39 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

I'd try some of the hand cleaners made for mechanics. (Gojo, etc) Work it in with a wire brush. A little gasoline might work too.