How to fix this!?

.....short of stomping yer smart phone into dust.
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/11/secret-software-logging-video /
nb

Pull the battery (if possible) and it will be.
There are also 'Faraday Cage' bags available... more intended for the law enforcement industry, but used by tinfoil hat people too.
Here's one, there are others...
http://www.faradaybag.com /
Erik
On 11/30/2011 10:31 AM, notbob wrote:

An anti psychotic may help you from being paranoid about it. Do you really think out of all the cell phones in the world that you are so special that they are spying on you? It's all marketing, they want to see how most people use their phones so they know what features to keep or make easier on the next new model. Do you want your favorite features dropped? No cell phone company has the time nor resources to look at each individual account statistics, they just want to see the big picture.
notbob wrote:

If you don't do anything wrong or go to anywhere dodgy, you'll probably be okay. The authorities, however, can fake the records, so you're pretty much screwed anyway.

I'm only mildly concerned about the Fuzz possibly tracking me some day (though I'm not sure you've thought through all the implications...I'm sure you don't go over the speed limit with your phone turned on).
But as recent events have shown, cell phones are now smart enough to be hacked by less than noble types. An app like this greatly increases the amount of data they can get with a brief incursion and logging key strokes circumvents almost every remaining level of security you might think you have.

Remove the GPS antenna
On 11/30/2011 9:31 AM, notbob wrote:

Give people convenience and they are oblivious that they're being led to slaughter. People will soon demand chip implants so they can avoid TSA groping when they travel. They want convenience and I'm sure a deadly poison or explosive activated by remote control will be secreted into every chip meant for lowly citizens who will be blissfully unaware of what they have voluntarily allowed nefarious government agents to inset into their bodies. ^_^
TDD