how to fix pictured loose door handle

Greetings everyone, Maybe this is an easy one, but I want to fix the loose handle on the back door of my house. There's a lot of play, maybe about 3/4's of an inch so I'm guessing there's a missing part but I'm not sure if I need to buy anything and if so what.
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x372/learnorshare/house%20before%20and%20afters/bd7de515.jpg
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x372/learnorshare/house%20before%20and%20afters/419b9159.jpg
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x372/learnorshare/house%20before%20and%20afters/010906ab.jpg
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x372/learnorshare/house%20before%20and%20afters/968c037b.jpg Many thanks,

Here are the same images as the links.
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x372/learnorshare/house %20before%20and%20afters/bd7de515.jpg
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x372/learnorshare/house %20before%20and%20afters/3f9cf4bb.jpg
http:// i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x372/learnorshare/house%20before%20and %20afters/419b9159.jpg
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums / x372/learnorshare/house%20before%20and%20afters/010906ab.jpg
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x372/learnorshare/house %20before%20and%20afters/968c037b.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x372/learnorshare/house%20before%20and%20afters/bd7de515.jpg
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x372/learnorshare/house%20before%20and%20afters/419b9159.jpg
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x372/learnorshare/house%20before%20and%20afters/010906ab.jpg
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x372/learnorshare/house%20before%20and%20afters/968c037b.jpg
It looks to me like you need to loosen the set screw on each doorknob, then either push each doorknob in to take the looseness out or turn each doorknob around and around so it threads in to take out the looseness. These types of doorknobs are either adjustable by pushing them in and out or adjustable by threading/screwing them in and out -- depending on whether the square bar inside the knobs is threaded.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Strange. When I clicked on the photobucket .jpg links he posted yesterday, the pictures came through. They showed an old fashioned doorknob with the doorknobs too far apart and causing the doorknob to be loose.
Today, I get what you get -- Page not found.

I got the feeling it was a joke. Made me chuckle.
--Vic