how to fix curling kitchen tiles

We have the classic problem in the kitchen area. Curling tile square edges/corners...
Not sure what to do - The corners are starting to curl up after 20yrs :) Now the chair legs are catching the corners and breaking them off.
Was thinking of trying this...... slight lift the curling area, blow air into area to clear dust, then try a little super glue around the area.... lastly... using a hair dryer or clothes iron - heat the area - and apply pressure - like a 20lb bag of salt from the garage...
--
----------------------------------
"If everything seems to be going well,

I'd be thinking new floor after 20yrs. If you're gonna try and glue it I'd use construction adhesive. Have some solvent ready to clean up any that oozes.

they are only lifting up just slightly, so my thought was the logistics of getting some small thin "nozzle" under the corner, and the super glue bottle came to mind.
ps56k wrote:

the big-box) and ask. They will likely tell you the same thing as we have on here- there is no realistic hope of a lasting repair. The existing adhesive failed, and whatever you squirt in there is going to be trying to stick to failed adhesive. Depending on the original adhesive used, gentle use of a heat gun and a long thin putty knife may allow you to pry up the entire tile, so you can scrape away the old adhesive, and have some slim hope of regluing the tile.
But personally- I'd put it in the 'life is too short' category, and start planning on a floor replacement. If budget is too tight for that right now, scrape up a square under the kitchen table, and replace with a contrasting color and pattern, maybe even the self-stick tiles. (I assume a pattern match is out of the question.) Self-stick will only last a few years, but it may get you by until you can do a proper replacement. Some of the self-sticks, you can lay out so it looks like a painted-on area rug. Easier yet- break off the loose corners, smooth over the potholes with seam leveling compound, and put an area rug under the kitchen table. I assume feeding small children is no longer an issue, so a carpet under table is livable. It does catch crumbs, but a couple minutes with shop vac every week takes care of that. If you don't like rug idea, and kitchen table is small, an extra-large clear plastic chair glide pad from the local office supply may buy you some time. I've seen them as big as 6'x6'.
Side note- my kitchen floor (sheet goods) is of similar age, and looking pretty tired too. No SWMBO in house, so no big hurry to replace. And the previous owner left an area rug (not TOO nasty looking) in the dining alcove. I never had enough curiosity or guts to look under it, other than rolling back the edges to vacuum. It would probably just depress me.
-- aem sends, trying not to think about all the tedious little repairs like that this place needs...

Floor or wall tiles, ceramic??? or plastic, 4', 9', 12'????

If his reply is ceramic, I wanna se a pic of them curling.

yeah - that was my thought too :) also - "wall" and the chair legs are getting caught :)
hmmm - thought I included most of the needed info - these are the vinyl 12" squares... were also initially glued. floor is good except for this one area under the kitchen table :(

Consider a Marinade Injector and you can select other glues. Construction adhesive may be too thick for it.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Weston-1-Ounce-Marinade-Injector/13291763
I have used LOCTITE Power Grab in the injector with success. Borg has tubes and cartridges. It cleans up with water.

Time for a new floor. Get sheet goods and no curling 10 years from now.
wrote in message

I agree..The curled edges may even break off if you try to press them back down and if they don't it won't last...There is a reason it's curling up and you will never gety the crap out from under it for a good CLEAN surface to glue to unless you use PL400 or something like that ..Oh. and construction adhesive won't clean up easy either without solvent which may make more problems...LOL...Time to think about a new floor..IMHO..