How to fix cup water rings formation in stained desk?

We have three nested tables that are stained reddish brown. They don't have any type of lacquer finish on them. Our grandmother has kept them for many years without this problem. The problem is that, since the tables were handed down to us, water condensations from the cold soda cup leaves a pool of water, washing away the paint. This is seen by the white circular marks on the table.What is a practical solution to solve and prevent this problem?
Thanks
Learn to use coasters and doilies, like your Grandmother did. Bugs
Sam Nickaby wrote:

In addition to what Bugs said, try leaving some mayonaise on the ring overnight.
--

FF

lemon oil and ashes. makes a polishing paste. brings the water out and removes the ring. just gentle rubbing.
Doug
Doug Schultz wrote:

that the finish on these is shellac. This is from http://antiquerestorers.com/Articles/jeff/shellac.htm : "Over time, shellac finishes can show surface scratches and other minor mishaps like water rings. These are very easy to repair with alcohol, the solvent for shellac." Obviously test first. Richard

I love the way you phrase this. I know a bit about wood, and I can assure you that water condesations damaged the wood in the same way before the tables were handed down to you. The difference is not time, but that your grandmother didn't let such things happen.
Don't blame the year or the cold soda cup or the water.