How to fix coffee table white burn-in imprints!?

Hi,
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to repair this furniture problem. My wife set a couple of hot corn on the cobbs on a napkin on our wooden coffee table. Later, we realized that the cobbs had let two white imprints of the cobbs on the table. Now, I'm assuming these were left behind because the cobbs were so hot. We tried to wipe off the white imprints, but it didn't help. Do you know of a way to remove these white burned in imprints of these cobbs? Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Ryan Adams
Sounds like blush where moisture has gotten into the finish. Some spread mayonnaise on the spots overnight while others use peanut butter the same way. Cloth slightly dampened with lacquer thinner or alcohol and lightly swiped on the spots would be my first choice because it's quick and there is immediate feedback. Sheen of the finish will probably be altered.

Wipe on a poultice of mayonnaise and let it sit. It is probably caused by moisture. This is the easiest, most gentle, least destructive first effort.

This is Turtle
They have some other cures here but I have found plain old Vaseline Petroleum Jelly works real good on this problem. all you do is put the jelly on it over nite or some times longer to get the oil back in the white place and drive out the water that had entered with the heat and water being on it. The Jelly will go back into the wood and just drive out the water which is the white look stuff on the wood.
TURTLE

to test it first on a place that won't be seen.
http://www.heloise.com /
6. Erase white heat marks and water rings on wood furniture? If the wood has a good finish (don't try on bare wood), mix equal parts of baking soda and regular white, nongel toothpaste. Lightly dampen corner of a clean, soft white cloth with water and dip into the paste. With circular motion gently buff the marks for a few minutes. Wipe area clean, and buff to a shine. Follow with furniture polish. (If rings remain after buffing five minutes or so, they may have penetrated the wood; you might have to refinish the piece). Marina