How to fix a perma-squealing B&D 16" corded e-ic hedge trimmer

I actually have two with the same problem.
They run fine, but they now also squeal without relent.
Can I take it apart and get it to stop the noise?
Add pictures here
βœ–
I'd try a squirt of silicone spray on the bar, where the friction is. Failing that, the squealing problem may be inside the handle.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

You are such a dumb fornicator.
--
³When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
poor have no food, they call you a communist.²

Yes, if you take it apart the noise should stop.
Add pictures here
βœ–

re: "They run fine, but they now also squeal without relent"
They squeal without relent? Even when unplugged?
You don't need a repair, you need an exorcist.
Add pictures here
βœ–

It probably a B&D Bush Hog, it squeals like a pig.
Add pictures here
βœ–

The obvious solution is to buy a replacement NOT made by Black & Darker!
Gordon Shumway
Add pictures here
βœ–
it is definitely not the blade, and is definitely inside
over at forums.gardenweb.com in the Tool Shed they said the motor uses cheaper bushings, not bearings, that I could lubricate for a temp fix. Do you guys trust them.
Can you recommend any of these cordless models over any of the other ones from these?:
Yardworks B&D Worx / Earthwise
from the cheap category
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 8/25/2009 1:47 PM bent spake thus:

Dunno if I trust them, as I don't even know them. But yes, almost any motor can be lubricated, even one with crappy busings/bearings. Shouldn't be hard to open it up and apply lube where needed.
The question is how long it'll last, but it should quiet it down at least temporarily. Me, being a compulsive DIYer/fixer, I'd do it.

βœ–
Since it's essentially broken now, tear it apart, and put some ND-30 oil on the motor berrings, and be done with it.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I've been generally pleased with B&D repair, even beyond the warranty period. You might give that a shot.
Add pictures here
βœ–