How To Fix A New Gas Can

I know the horrible EPA gas cans have been discussed before but I came across some videos about fixing the evil things. I'd already modified one that I have and this video shows a great conversion of an unusable product into one that is. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lcnwdIYEfI

TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 26, 6:20 am, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

The man is seriously mentally deranged.. The garage was adjoining the house and he was storing what,100 gallons of petrol/gas in there? I wonder if his insurance company knows?
Add pictures here
✖
On 9/26/2012 3:04 AM, harry wrote:

His gas cans don't leak. You should watch the videos of folks trying to use those wretched government mandated "safety" cans. I had to modify my new can because it was virtually unusable and splashed petrol all over when I tried to dispense fuel. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GIzG8NW40k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_UMDpJbvTQ

TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 26, 1:34 pm, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

It doesn't have to leak to cause a problem. A small fire could turn into a major explosion.
Add pictures here
✖
On 9/26/2012 1:04 AM, harry wrote:

i have 4 cars in my garage, each with about 20 gallon tanks. i wonder if my insurance company knows?
Add pictures here
✖
Wonder how long before the SWAT teams descend on that old farmer's place, and lock him up?
I know the horrible EPA gas cans have been discussed before but I came across some videos about fixing the evil things. I'd already modified one that I have and this video shows a great conversion of an unusable product into one that is. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lcnwdIYEfI

TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 00:20:34 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Looks like a nice field modification. I think I'll give it a try with one of the small cans.
Add pictures here
✖
On 9/26/2012 9:06 AM, CRNG wrote:

the new "cans" are really out of balance, I added a fill extension that adds a little flexibility to the spout, from a piece of hose. I didn't, but will, take out the lock for the valve. My valve really doesn't seal very well, but what do you expect from junk from China. A simple cap was soooooo nice and soooooo easy.
Add pictures here
✖

Even the previous iteration of gas jugs are junk - that's when they went to the ventless jugs. Most spout-to-jug connections leak. Last night me and my son replaced the rusted/leaking gas tank on my '97 Lumina, so we transferred the old gas to the new tank. Poured about 8 gallons total to and from various containers. Here's what works best, and avoids spillage. A funnel. I've got rigid funnels and a flex spout funnel. They're cheap. Get some and avoid the gas can spouts. Just pour from the jug. Sure, you get more vapor when pouring, but you won't spill. Sometimes you have to prop the funnel or have somebody hold it. And you put easily line a funnel with a clean rag to filter, which we did because the old tank had a lot of rust particles in it. The old metal jugs with flex metal spouts nearly always leaked too. I've still got a 2 1/2 and a 1 gal plastic jug with pop vents, and they're good. If I knew what was going to happen with gas jugs, I would have filled my garage and basement with them and made a fortune selling them on eBay
Add pictures here
✖
Same deal with freon, a couple decade ago.
What's the next item to be banned? Any fortune tellers out there?
If I knew what was going to happen with gas jugs, I would have filled my garage and basement with them and made a fortune selling them on eBay
Add pictures here
✖

I'm glad I see this. I have a blue can a gas station gave me for free, so I could fill it with water, when I had a coolant leak. It was a bitch to use. It's been sitting not being used. Have to look at it close. I was thing I was going to buy a gas can with a long spout, so I could fill my generator. Needs to be over two feet long. So I see I'm going to have nothing but problems figuring out what to do. They put the filler spout in center of tank, where you can't fill without spilling.
I'm sure the EPA guys will get their chance to mow their lawns.
Greg
Add pictures here
✖
On 9/26/2012 7:43 PM, gregz wrote:

When The EPA outlaws possession of gasoline altogether for folks unlicensed to handle and dispense gasoline. You will have to call an EPA licensed fuel handler to your home to refuel your lawn equipment unless you own one of the new windmill or solar cell powered lawn mowers. The Obama mower. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
You know, there is a ceertain bit of comedy, here. Sadly, I think there is more truth than comedy. I can imagine such a law being passed.
When The EPA outlaws possession of gasoline altogether for folks unlicensed to handle and dispense gasoline. You will have to call an EPA licensed fuel handler to your home to refuel your lawn equipment unless you own one of the new windmill or solar cell powered lawn mowers. The Obama mower. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:18:45 PM UTC-4, The Daring Dufas wrote:

It's NEVER going to come to that. There is too much money involved.
Add pictures here
✖
Dude! Think, man! You think there are people who want to be paid to deliver gas, and manufacture new lawn mowers? That's the way they are going, like making Freon (R) licensed.
On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:18:45 PM UTC-4, The Daring Dufas wrote:

It's NEVER going to come to that. There is too much money involved.
Add pictures here
✖
I like jugs from the blue windshield fluid, for utility water. Heavier jugs, and seems to last a while.
Blue "gas" cans, I think blue is kerosene. Yellow is diesel.
I'm glad I see this. I have a blue can a gas station gave me for free, so I could fill it with water, when I had a coolant leak. It was a bitch to use. It's been sitting not being used. Have to look at it close. I was thing I was going to buy a gas can with a long spout, so I could fill my generator. Needs to be over two feet long. So I see I'm going to have nothing but problems figuring out what to do. They put the filler spout in center of tank, where you can't fill without spilling.
I'm sure the EPA guys will get their chance to mow their lawns.
Greg
Add pictures here
✖
one day i accidently reversed gas can lid a B&S gas tank lid....
they happened to fit perfectly....
the easiest solution is likely that and a funnel.....
the nice thing about the mowers tank lid is the lid has a little rubber valve on top so the tank can breathe........
no balloning tanks either way:)
Add pictures here
✖

Fellow at work reversed his gas caps by accident. His mower would run for a short time and stop. It would crank up and run for another short time and stop.
At work we asked him to check to see if the mower gas cap vent hole was stoppped up. The next day he said he had reversed the lids.
Add pictures here
✖
On 9/27/2012 8:31 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote: ...

I just went thru a new experience w/ a '98 K2500 4x4 w/ 5.7L...the purge valve failed and the cannister vent was also clogged w/ dust/dirt (farm truck and dirt roads--it gets only dirty driving use rarely seeing a highway). W/O a vented gas cap, the fuel pump was able to actually collapse the gas tank w/o being able to recognize there was a problem until the "thump" was heard. :(
✖

I use kitty litter jugs.
I use yellow fluid. Keeps the beads going on the windshield.
I got a lot of crap to do before December catastrophe. Store water, gas, food, kerosene, save wood,............
Greg
Add pictures here
✖