How to fix a clogged airless paint sprayer?

I painted with latex using my 1/2 HP airless sprayer and didn't clean it afterwards, now I am paying the price. I tried cleaning the clogging by running paint thinner thru it but it only pushes out a little bit of the liquid. I tried for it to expel liquid via both the spray outlet and the other outlet, I don't know what its called but its the outlet when the knob is set to PRIME. Is there some other liquid to try it with or some other remedy?

Reply to
ississauga

Time to take the painting areas apart and clean them. Scotch Bright, a non scratching cleaning cloth will work with WD-40 as a bit of help. Depend on the way it is made you may need new parts.

Have you taken the gun apart and cleaned it? The pump could be working while the nozzle could be the problem. Just guessing mind ya

Reply to
SQLit

I've done this all the time without any problems as long as you keep the paint and pressure in the lines - spray a few seconds every few days to keep the line wet and the pressure up, just don't let the paint dry out. You could leave the paint in the machine for months by doing this.

Don't use paint thinner, lacquer thinner is what you needed. If it does not prime use a heat gun around the check valve area to unstuck the check ball - careful not to use too much heat. If this still don't work, time to take it apart for the cleaning.

Reply to
Fred

If its a wagner the little plastic thingies in the spray head swell up in time and with paint thinner and need to be replaced.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott