How to finished recessed bookshelves

Hi,
I'm recessing these shelves inside a wall in the attic (there's space under the roof):
http://www.furniturebuzz.com/products/Sauder/403247.htm
I'm not sure how to finish them on the outside. Should I have matching trim that will cover about 1/2" of the side walls of the shelves? Or should I finish the corner in drywall and have a niche look? Not sure if I'm asking clear questions, happy to clarify.
Many thanks in advance,
Aaron
Aaron Fude wrote:

Uh, you do realize these aren't real bookshelves, right? 'Sauder' is chipboard covered with imitation woodgrain stuff. I certainly would not go to the bother of building a flushed alcove for them.
If I was gonna do such a project, I'd frame in a box made out of plywood or 1x boards (depending on how deep I needed), with a plywood back, and case it out like a door. A drywall corner looks neater, but is quite prone to dings, especially if this a room a kid will use. Shelves could be hard-mounted in the box, or use the vertical rails on each end that take the little clips for adjustable shelves.
If this knee wall you are making the hole in is insulated, remember you have to add insulation behind the shelves to avoid a cold spot.
-- aem, who grew up in a house with built-in shelves all over the place, sends...