How to finish off this space

Hi,
I left some space under my kitchen sill:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3SEUh6lMcxQajZ4MzVjc0tlMDA/edit
It's the space with the onion.
Now, I'm brainstorming about a way to finish it off. I'd like not to lose the space. Any suggestions?
Perhaps there are hinges that would let a horizontal door drop down. Or some swing out solution?
Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks!

First of all, if that is a faux marble sill (or real marble or any other kind of stone) it needs more support or it is very likely to get broken. I would...
1. Insert a wood support, centered, front to back. A snug fit at top & bottom and secured with a bit of silicone or epoxy against lateral movement would be sufficient.
2. Wood face frame all around the opening; that will also support the sill. Groove top & bottom rails for 1/4" sliding doors, one on the left, one on the right. The rails - but not necessarily the stiles - would need to be about 1 1/4" thick to accomodate the doors.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:23:11 AM UTC-4, dadiOH wrote:

Personally, I would have just drywalled over it. He already has a space above it to put some stuff on. The little space isn't big enough to be of much use and it would look better without it.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I suggest a trim piece that has hidden spring loaded hinges , make it a hidey-hole . It's long enough for a carbine and a bugout bag ...
--
Snag

what is inside the wall below the onion space? More usable space if opened up?
On 7/31/2014 1:22 AM, PG wrote:

doesn't keep falling out. Oh, wrong thread. Sorry.
--
.
Christopher A. Young