How to Finish Edge Where Wonderboard/Tile and Sheetrock Meet

I am redoing a standing stall shower. The walls in the shower are going to be wonderboard, however, I am unclear how to finish the edge where the tile meets the sheetrock of the ceiling outside the shower. I have bull-nose but that will still leave a rough edge on the sheetrock. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Andy
Andy wrote:

The vertical cement board edge should cover the rough horizontal drywall edge; i.e. overlap it. The tile will then butt against the DW. Or leave a bit open and grout.
--

dadiOH
dadiOH wrote:

Do you mean to say that the finish surface of the tile is in the same plane as the finish surface of the sheetrock? That makes the situation a bit more difficult.
Normally, the surface of the backerboard is in plane with the surface of the sheetrock, as both are 1/2" thick and applied to the studs. Then the tile projects out further by its thickness. The transition to the sheetrock is accomplished by having the tile extend over the sheetrock/backerboard joint, with a bull nosed edge to provide a gentle curve.
I don't think you want to use a bull nose in your situation. You could try just running the tile up to the sheetrock, then you'd have a tricky plastering job to make the edge of the sheetrock neat and presentable. Or you could try to use a thicker, decorative tile with a built in rabbet to cover the rough edge of the sheetrock.
Cheers, Wayne
Cover the edge of the drywall with a metal bead, mud it smooth, then butt the tiles up against the bead.

Wayne Whitney wrote:

Or, butt the tile to the sheetrock. Then put a line of smaller, decorate tile on top of the joint -- sort of like a verticle chair-rail.