How to find the original door manufacturere?

I have an exterior metal door (double door) and I have no idea what brand it is, it was installed by the original owner who does not remember and the door came with a set of mortiese lock that was custom made and sold to the door manufacturer. I need to repair this lock and find replacement parts. Been to five locksmiths and no one has the part and no one knows how to find out either. Even shown them pictures of the door - no luck.

I have looked all over the door, inside, outside, around the edges, on top but not the bottom. Is there some well hidden places they typically engrave or print the door manufacturer's name? If I can locate the door manufacturer, I can contact them (assume if they are still in business since

1980) and locate the lock manufacturer (if they are still in business) and inquire about getting parts.

Short of that, the locksmith told me I may need to get a new double wide 72" double door and a set of new locks!

Thanks!

MC

Reply to
miamicuse

Here is some additional information.

This is what the double door look like:

This is what the door with the lock look like:
This is what the lock look like when viewed from the side:
This is what the lock look like removed (there is no marking or writing anywhere - no serial number no model no brand):
This is what the door look like after the lock is removed:
If anyone recognizes this please let me know! Thanks in advance,

MC

Reply to
miamicuse