How to fill this gap?

I have a half-inch gap between the foundation of my garage and my house. We're having some trouble with spiders, and have seen some mouse-droppings so I'm trying to fill any cracks and crevices that may be inviting to these pests.

What should I use to fill this? Is cement a good option or do I need something that will allow this space to expand/contract with the change in seasons? If I need something less rigid then what should I use?

Here's a photo of the gap.

Thanks.

Reply to
engwar

I would start by using an expanding foam to fill most of the gap and then use a calk type substance for the final surface fill.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Great Stuff Window and Door foam (blue cap). It doesn't go crazy and expand hundreds of times like the red cap stuff. Trim it down then caulk with Butyl rubber.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Is that called "bitch-a-thane"?

-- Oren