How to drag large garbage can?

Page 3 of 5

wrote in message

Umm, you said to weenie-out and let other people do things for you. SAME THING! Reading comprehension not your long suit, huh? PLONK!
wrote in message

Boy, I guess you showed HIM!
h wrote:

I said no such thing. Double plonk :o)
wrote in message

I'm sorry, sir. I was either drunk, unconscious, or absent the day you showed your medical credentials to the group. Could you please provide them again?
Steve

Umm, I'm FEMALE, you moron. PLONK!
h wrote:

"h" must stand for "harlot". Perhaps a ginger with that temper. *snicker*
TDD

Your ridiculous "snicker* on nearly every post has earned you a PLONK! *snicker*
h wrote:

MOMMIEEEEEEE! The evil biotch PLONKED meeeeeee! Waaaa! Waaaa! Waaaa!
*snicker*
TDD

What are you talking about? New to usenet, huh? At least put enough of the conversation to give us a slight hint. Or are we supposed to know?
Steve

MORON! I'm female, and the day I need to EVER visit a doctor is the day I will kill myself. So-called medical "professionals" are exactly who will kill you, not keep you alive. If you "need" to visit a doctor, ever, you might as well just lie down and die. Go a pair and take care of your own health and maybe you will live well into your 90s like all of us in my family. PLONK!
On Tue, 4 May 2010 17:23:16 -0700, "Steve B"
When the Physician's Assistant or a Nurse asked me "what is wrong with him?" My pat answer was, "I don't know I'm not a doctor!"
Took a guy to the local "outside" hospital once with six (6) stab wounds in his chest and one gurgling lung (red foam). The hospital nurse, then asked me "what is wrong with him?".
Being tired of the same old question, I said to her: "He's running out of air!"
wrote in message

puleeeze! Each person is different.

Buy the Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane version of a 1/5 scale model helicopter and fly your garbage to the curb.
Walter E. wrote:

Get a cheap utility trailer for your garden tractor. Keep the cans in the trailer. On garbage day, haul the trailer up to the road with your garden tractor and unhitch it there. If needed, get a $20 trailer jack with a wheel so you can hook up easy.
--
LSMFT

If I wasn't me I wouldn't like me either..........
Re How to drag large garbage can?:

I had a similar problem that I solved by leaving the trash can by the road, chained to a tree. I bring the trash (in plastic bags) to the can by placing it in the trunk of my car trunk and bring the bag to the can when I go to pick up the mail. On trash pick-up day I unchain the can and re-chain it after the pickup.
Now I never have to deal with more than the weigh of a single plastic trash bag.

wrote> I had a similar problem that I solved by leaving the trash can by the

I'm sure your neighbors love that. In my town, you'd be in violation of local laws.
wrote Re Re: How to drag large garbage can?:

I live in a rural area like the OP. The nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away. There are no such laws here, and the can is not visible from the road.

wrote

I love walking bags of trash down to the can. Particularly if it is raining, snowing, sleeting, windy, and my favorite ....... ICY! Makes me feel more like a man.
Steve
Walter E. wrote:

At the very least, you should be able to get them to supply you with smaller, more manageable containers. I'd be surprised that they wouldn't offer to get the containers for you in this case, however.
A compost pile can make good stuff out of all that organic waste. I'd never give it all away.

You qualify for some type of assistance on and above that of a regular citizen. What if you were in a wheelchair?
Call the hauler, and explain the situation, and you are requesting special service. If that doesn't work, , and ask to speak to the (ADA American's with Disability Act) compliance officer. If they are a big outfit, they will have one. If they are not, they will not want to be messing with the feds, and you will probably get their attention. BE NICE! Explain to them that you just can't lug these things down to the pickup point, THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION UNDER THE ADA LAW. Also, casually mention that you'd hate it if you were to have an accident while trying to use THEIR equipment. I bet they will do one of two things. One, they will send a special truck to pick up your trash, or they will have the guys come up the hill and schlep the garbage down. If they do have the guys do the extra work, you might have an extra charge, but I'd investigate that, too. And if they did do the extra work to come all the way up, go out there when it's hot and give them a couple of cold sodas or Gatorades or donuts and coffee when it's cold. If you get the hearts of the guys on the truck, they will go the extra mile for you. The ones I had at my houses would have taken away a dead body for a $5 tip and a couple of cold Gatorades.
Try reason and niceness first before you pullout the ADA card. No need to wave the feds in their face if you can just get what you want with a little kindness.
As I have written in my blog under "Stuff" category, get every aid you can because of your age and limitations. You earned them and you paid for them by paying taxes for a very long time.
Steve