how to dispose without wasting

Does anyone know a good site, newsgroup, or other place to help dispense with things I've removed from my house while doing improvements? I mean ceiling fans, extra doors ... low-value surplus that I can't bear to just throw away.
I don't think ebay will do the trick, as the items are bulky and not worth the shipping.
All comments appreciated.

Habitat for Humanity? Or maybe, out to the curb with "Free building materials" would do the trick. (Put in a place away from your garbage pickup area)
Snap a digital pic of the pile of "stuff", print some pictures and hang in the local Home Depot, grocery stores, etc... "Free building stuff - you haul away!"
On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 17:57:05 GMT, "Matthew Crouch"

Around here their are auction houses/places where one can bring in such items for sale.
Post them as "free" in your local area .forsale newsgroups.
Bob
message

dispense
improvements? I mean

bear to just

and not worth

1-800-gotjunk, seriously.
Also, www.1800gotjunk.com

Perhaps your area has Freecycling:
http://www.freecycle.org /
Ceiling fans, light fixures, faucets and such can be donated to a Salvation Army "Store". Bigger items, appliances, carpets, etc. can be donated to a "Habitat Home Store' associated with Habitat for Humanity. All items should be in working or good condition.

just
worth
On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 17:57:05 GMT, "Matthew Crouch"

In the city where I live, we have a non profit organization that takes donations of this sort. Makes for a tax deduction too.
Put it at the end of your driveway with a big "FREE" sign on it. We got rid of a lot of stuff that way - often it would be gone in a few hours.
The doors may have some value if they're made with solid wood and are still in good condition.