how to disassemble needle nose pliers

I had a old pair of my long dead grandpas. I put it in a pan and covered them with oil, checked back in a week they worked like new.

Just a week ago I found 2 brand new rotors for my van, they were on a top shelf and rusted from a leaky water pipe, copper that developed a pin hole.

while I pondered wire brushing them my girl friend immersed them in a pan covered each one with vinegar. Wierdly ALL the rust disappeared, although the once rusty areas had a mottled look. So I used a scothbrite pad on them. they looked brand new:)

and worked fine on the van

Reply to
bob haller

Just for grins and giggles, I got the old fence pliers, laying in he muddy gravel in front of my trailer where I left them about three or four years ago. I found my old jug of muriatic, and poured some on. Then, I took a sandwich bag and pour some in, and let that soak. Took them out, and beat on em with a hammer, and used a cold chisel right behind the pivot to put some separating force. The joint loosened up a bit. Hit it with hammer some more. Pour some more acid on,and work it with muscle power. After a while the joint loosened up, as free as the day it was born. I'm thrilled and giggling, and thankful to the kind people on this list.

I'm going to leave the pliers some where dry, over night. and then lubricate with a couple drops of motor oil.

Thank you Nestork, and anyone else who suggested.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

BTW, as with any acid, I neutralized with just water and detergent - but lots and lots of it.

BEFORE PIC:

DURING PIC:

AFTER PIC:

Of course, HCL works MUCH FASTER!

But, THIS happens if you don't neutralize concrete spills:

Danny D.

It's been a long time since I was in chemistry class. But, I don't remember detergents neutralizing acid. Remove maybe, but not neutralize. To neutralize,you need an alkalai, or a carbonate.

I think mean acid spill on concrete, not "concrete spill". I know, splitting hairs.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A friend of mine had such a situation, maybe

20 years ago. I remember him offering me the job of changing the impellor on his snow thrower, and I didn't feel qualified. Wish I'd known, then, what I do today.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon