how to disassemble needle nose pliers

Page 2 of 2

<...snipped...>

HCl will remove the rust but be sure to neutralize it and rinse completely off when your done. If it remains in prolonged contact with iron & steel it will cause quicker rusting later.
On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 23:37:09 +0200, nestork wrote:

I have nothing against HCL, and, the record shows, I use it all the time - but - anyone who hasn't used it should be cautioned as to how powerful that stuff is.
I left some copper hose components in a bucket of the stuff, for example, only a few minutes, and they were holed beyond use.
On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:54:00 -0700 (PDT), Bob_Villa

I thought one was a needle nose and the other a needler nose.

A lot of tools and other things can have their rust removed with a wire wheel, in place of a grindstone on a bench grinder. It works quickly, leaves a beautful finish. Most things look as if they were new (I'm not saying like new, like they themselves looked like when they were new, because they might have been shiny) but they look beautiful
And it's a one-step process. BE SURE TO WEAR GOGGLES BECAUSE THE WIRES DO COME OUT OF THE WHEEL WHILE IT SPINS. ONE OF THEM ACTUALLY STUCK ITSELF IN SKIN, IN MY FOREHEAD. DIDN'T SHOW BLOOD WHEN I PULLED IT OUT, BUT WOULDN'T WANT TO DO THAT WITH MY EYE.
Even wood things might look great after time on the wheel. I did have some problem with a saw blade, that seemed thicker than originally when I was done. Maybe that was that particular blade and others would come out fine.
I had a old pair of my long dead grandpas. I put it in a pan and covered them with oil, checked back in a week they worked like new.
Just a week ago I found 2 brand new rotors for my van, they were on a top shelf and rusted from a leaky water pipe, copper that developed a pin hole.
while I pondered wire brushing them my girl friend immersed them in a pan covered each one with vinegar. Wierdly ALL the rust disappeared, although the once rusty areas had a mottled look. So I used a scothbrite pad on them. they looked brand new:)
and worked fine on the van