How to dilute Acephate?

Various mites and bugs are destroying my junipers and Italian cypresses, big time. I would like to spray them with Acephate (Orthene). The HD sells it in small bottles at outrageous prices ("Systemic Insect Killer" by Ortho). It comes in a 8% solution.
On the web I can buy 98% Acephate powder by the pound for only a few dollars.
How much water would I use to dilute one pund or one ounce of the powdered 98% acephate (sold by weight) so that I would get an 8% or 10% solution?
Thank you
--
Walter
www.rationality.net
Walter R. wrote:

The MSDS that I found for Orthene showed 9.4% by weight of acephate dissolved in a solvent other than water. Note that the density of Orthene is specified to be 6.9 lb/gal and it's 'miscible', not soluble in water. This makes me believe that the acephate is dissolved in an undisclosed organic solvent at a ratio of 9.4 grams of acephate in 90.6 grams of solvent to yield a 9.4% w/w solution. To measure out 9.4 grams of acephate accurately use a laboratory balance.
The resulting solution can then be mixed with water to get the solution to be applied.
http://www2.itap.purdue.edu/msds/docs/8940.pdf
If you're not comfortable selecting an appropriate solvent and weighing the components, I'd recommend buying the more expensive Orthene.

Please keep in mind that "miscible" means soluble in any ratio. As in 99%-"A", 1%-"B" or the other way around or anywhere in between.
This "miscibility" may depend on Orthene being 9.4% acephate, 90.6% solvent or solvent mixture that is miscible with water.
Solvents lighter than water and miscible with water will probably be lighter alcohols, maybe acetone or MEK, or similar.