How to define "Electrical"?

Page 2 of 3
On 5/15/2015 4:00 PM, J Burns wrote:

hour ago, and I could be there tomorrow opening, if they let me.
On 05/14/2015 08:46 PM, J Burns wrote:
[snip]

So you have a radio that works with no electricity. How does that work? Considering that radio signals themselves are electric fields, you'd need a new kind of broadcasting.
--
"No gown worse becomes a woman than the desire to be wise." [Martin
Luther]
On 5/15/15 12:26 PM, hah wrote:

with an electrical system. Carl saved up a month's wages and bought an electrical radio. Before that, he couldn't listen much because his radio ran on expensive chemical packs (leaky alkalines or something).
hah posted for all of us...

You don't need electricity to receive AM. A (?)crystal will convert the received signal to headphones. DAGS on Crystal radios.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

but that received signal is: ELECTRICITY!
On 5/15/15 4:59 PM, taxed and spent wrote:

crystal radio. I WASN'T BORN YESTERDAY!!!

powering your with electricity would be a subset of "electrical".
On 5/15/15 5:22 PM, taxed and spent wrote:

diesel engine and a big battery or a nuclear reactor. My home's electrical system has none of those things.

I think I know your home better than you do. Check the sub sub sub basement.
On 5/15/15 5:55 PM, taxed and spent wrote:

Macnee asked to film an episode there, I said it was out of the question. A man's castle is his home! Then Diana Rigg walked in and stood silhouetted against the window in her sheer nightgown. Macnee said viewers wouldn't even notice my sub pens. I agreed.
If there were any under this house, wouldn't I have been informed when I bought it? Wouldn't the cellar have told me?

On 5/15/15 7:56 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

color TV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rR6yPpiDOw&spfreload

Aren't things at the Good Will donated ? In that case they should be glad to get rid of whatever someone wants to buy. It is really 100 % profit minus what they pay the people. I would say if it has a wire or contains batteries it would be electrical.
Don't try to ask the government. Friend in high school joined the airforce to learn electronics around 1970. They put him up in Alaska painting radar towers. He asked the base commander about how that was electronics. Commander pulled out the book (think it is called a MOS Book). Went down the list, Electronics, Radar , Radar Towers, Painting of radar towers, Commander said ' yep you are in electronics, now get your butt back out and start painting'. He spent most of his time painting.
On Thu, 14 May 2015 16:37:25 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

Thats how I feel about it too. Yes, its donated, and most workers are volunteer. It's a program for handicapped and those are the workers. I guess there may be a paid manager (just a guess). I have shopped at Goodwill for most of my life, but in the last 5 or 10 years, their prices have gotten way too high. Some stuff is more than in a retail store. For example, a pair of used blue jeans for $9. I can buy a pair of NEW Rustler jeans at Walmart for $11.
At half price, I paid about $8 for these 4 electrical/electronic items. I would not have bought the stuff for $16. For example, The mouse was priced at $5. That's a lot for a used PS2 microsoft mouse, but for $2.50, I'd buy it, since I wanted to have a spare.
I've seen used VCRs priced at $40. Come on, thats robbery.
On Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 6:26:54 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

All workers are paid, and most are not handicapped. Prices will vary by area...more affluent, and you with pay more (larger cities too).
On Thu, 14 May 2015 18:21:19 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

And you expect to get a pair of vintage Lee Riders, or GWG , or Levi's red tabs for $9???.
Generally thrift shop prices are VERY good, and only a cheapskate would chisel on prices at a store that is a charity fundraiser. The stuff is donated with the expectation that it will be sold at a reasonable price, that will provide funds for the charity involved.

On Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 8:47:57 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

The man has a point. There are jeans and there are jeans, some costing $100, $200, even $300+ when new. And then there is what condition they are in. If it was a pair of jeans that normally go for even $50 and in excellent condition, they'd be a steal at $9. Actually, some folks pay *more* for used looking jeans. They call them "distressed" and Voila!, they cost 2X.
On Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 2:21:05 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

I would say you are being a dick...Goodwill is not for profit and promotes teaching and employing the handicapped. Shame on your tight wallet. (Did you also go on senior citizen discount and ask for that besides?)

Just going by the ratio of american residents to canadian residents, there are roughly 10 times as many american idiots as canadian idiots - - - - - -
On 5/14/2015 3:15 PM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

Nitwit! What does the manager think batteries do? Fart methane?