How to cut through hard cut nails?

We're remodelling a basement and need to remove hard cut (masonry) nails that are along side a window. There is no way to reach the nails with a hammer, so pulling them out or pounding them flush is not an option. (They are in the concrete block wall around a window frame and we need to remove them to slide sheetrock or paneling into the space.)
Are there saw blades that will cut through them?

Grind them off.

There's no way to get a grinder near them. I have about a 3/4" clearance.

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
How about something like this? Works in tight places and generate a bunch of pulling force.
Can you get a Sawzall blade in there? If so, that would cut them off quickly. You would want the blade made for steel.
--James--
snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.com> wrote:

You would want a carbide-grit blade, actually. Those things are pretty hard, and they'll take the teeth off of a normal blade.
--
Regards,
JA wrote:

[snip]
If you have a Dremel-style tool, there is a flexible-neck attachment for many of the models that would allow you to get into a tight space with one of those universal mini-disks, you know: the ones that grind, sand, cut through everything and make julienne fries. I've had great success cutting through all manner of screws, nails and other fasteners with a small rotary tool and those disks.
Of course, as others have warned, please, PLEASE wear eye protection as those disks will throw off sparks and chips as they cut.
2 ways to go, an angle grinder and a masonry wheel or a sawzall blade with a grit edge. As always protect your eyeballs. JA wrote:

JA wrote:

Good Sawzall blades (Milwaukee "Torch", Various Lennox blades) will do it as will an abrasive wheel in an angle grinder.
Pete C.
JA wrote:

Oh, you could eventually worry through them w/ a Sawzall, but you'll have far better success w/ a rotary grinder/cutoff wheel....
Of course, access _can_ be made to anything, so pulling is always an option. After all, it's only a cosmetic repair left to be made... :)

Cold chisel and hammer. Give them a good whack near the block. Be careful.. a flying "cut nail" will hurt (experience).
-- Oren

nails

with a

(They

remove

If they are cut nails (rectangular in shape) you can hit them from the sides (back and forth) they will break right off (very easily).
-Lee
On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 17:33:15 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

I will *always* strike a cut nail in a direction away from me. They are dangerous; myself having one hit me, bouncing off the block wall (first aid). One good strike should snap it at the block wall.
I hit one direction, maybe twice if necessary.
-- Oren

We've already tried the cold chisel and hammer method (while wearing goggles). Due to the angle, I guess, it didn't work. Next step will be to try the other suggestions posted. There's very little clearance, and we don't want to remove the window if we can avoid it.

you have gotta be kiddin me 2 days later and those nails are still there what a lazy and dumb bastard you are ever hear of a hacksaw blade Mr.fix-it?
JA wrote:

Bending them back and forth with a vise grip will break them off. Grab them as close to the cement as possible.
JA wrote:

How many? For two or three, consider a Dremel.
Get a right angle grinder with a wafer blade and use that to slice them off. Eye protection of course. Ears too, unless you're already deaf.
--
Steve Barker

"JA" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
there are sawzall blades that are carbide coated that will work. they are like tile cutting holesaws that have carbide fragments bonded to them.
Bob

JA wrote:

Grab 'em with pliers and rock 'em and bend 'em. They will pull free or break.
Dave