How to cut Silestone counter top

Were putting in a new stove... My now counter top were my drop in stove went measures 28" The stove is 31" at the very top and 30" in the middle across it.

i wrote about this before I did go to the pros and they want $200 + i thought granet but it is silestone.. Is there a blade for this to put in my sklll saw?

Reply to
Jack Valance

"Jack Valance" wrote in news:RPCdnZxgq76zPkTTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Diamond saw blade. I had to use it to remove a 15 cm wide bar of granite they left for transportation safety in the kooking plate hole in the counter top..... Cost me two diamond blades(totally ruined). luckely for me, the cooking plate covers the iffy work I did....

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Jack, this may be of some interest to you:

Reply to
DanG

Is your skill saw going to reach all the way to the back edge or would you pull the whole thing away from the wall?

Reply to
Tony Miklos

There is a 3" gap from were the back of the stove sits to the back splash that sits again the wall. the cut will stop 3"

Reply to
Jack Valance

Can I use a carbide router bit to trim a half inch off silestone

Reply to
alazor

Probably not. If it is something generally called "Quartz" carbide tools will just smoke and stop cutting pretty quickly. A diamond blade in a circular saw will do it but it is messy and slow.

Reply to
gfretwell

Not easily

Ed Pawlowski