How to cut shingles

I live in an older house that needs some shingles replaced, problem is I can only get clay replacement and the break very easy. How and what is the best way to cut them?

Reply to
jim

There are many people here who can help you, but you will need to describe your problem better.

What kind of shingles do you have on your house?

Terra Cotta tile half round tile, sometimes called Mission Tile. Concrete tile - a fairly new type Asphalt and fiberglass 3 tabs - probably the most common Slate Copper Steel

None of them are clay unless you are referring to the Terra Cotta. If so, cut them with dry or wet diamond, fiber blade or ceramic tile nipper.

DanG