How to cut plate glass

I have a glass cutter. How do I cut 1/8" plate glass?

Google search: how to use a glass cutter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tvvPUHNCvA

Use household ammonia/paper towels to clean glass. Mark exactly where you want to cut the glass. Align a metal straightedge and glass cutter. A little kerosene on the glass will help the scoring. Put a 1/2 drop of oil on the cutter wheel. Run the glass cutter ONE time (on one side only) with a firm steady motion. It should sound like ripping cloth. One method is to quickly snap the glass against the table edge, holding one half firm. Sand w/320 grit sandpaper. Gloves/eye protection recommended. Practice makes perfect.

Exactly what I was going to say. Mineral oil is what stained glass people use. Window guys seem to like mineral spirits. The "cleaning" part is very important. A speck of dirt will interfere with your score line. Clean glass always cuts better.

Old glass doesn't cut near as well as new glass.