How to Cut Bathroom Wash Basin?

My new bathroom wash basin is too long and I like to cut 1-1/2" off from both ends. If I use a circular saw, what type of saw (Numbers teeth) should I use. I believe the basin is made of white "cement" and not plastic or fiberglass, with a thin top coat of transparent plastic.
Thank for the help.

Find out what it is really made from first. Wrong material and blade combo can make a mess. In general, the more teeth the finer the cut.

Especially since I think someone describing a basin being made of "white cement .... with a thin top coat of transparent plastic" is actually describing a porcelain or ceramic sink. As in, you can't cut this with a hand held circular saw. _Maybe_ a special diamond saw, but the results would really be disgusting.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

If your sink is made of stone, cultured marble or a similar cement-like material, use a diamond cutting blade. Use a wet blade and cut slowly. Anything else will leave a jagged edge you will need to grind off. Blades are available for any size circulat saw but something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/4-3-8-in-Marble-Tile-Saw-Diamond-Blade-Power-Tools_W0QQitemZ7556892049QQcategoryZ20790QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem would be adequate.
(not my auction, just an example)
Thanks for your reply. I bought it from our local Habitat Store, it's new and unused. They could not tell anything about it and HD are not that helpful either.
From what I can gather, it look very likely some kind of white cement as it's heavy and definitely not fiberglass, UHMW, plastic or man made material. The basin back surfaces is rough with small pitted holes. I am thinking of cutting it with a diamond masonry 7" circular saw, sandwich both side with plywood to prevent tearing. How does it sound to you? Or I could buy a carbides saw, if so how many teeth should I buy?
Thanks again

Try the diamond saw you have first, make a practice cut 1" from the edge, you may not need to sandwich it. Try the practice cut from the top and bottom to see what is cleaner.
Sounds like you have a composite sink (basically epoxy and color fillers). Any toothed blade might make a mess but you do have some room to practice and test your method.

Thank you and everyone who contributed. I appreciate it. I will drill a small hole first to see if it is concrete or man-made material. Again test cut 1/2" (to be safe) from the edge with a diamond masonry circular saw.
Thanks everyone again.