How to cover ragged edge of fireplace with hardwoord

I would like to replace the carpet in my living room with hardwood flooring. The engineered hardwood strips will be glued to the underlying concrete pad. The transition from the pad to the fireplace has a very irregular outline.
What is the best way of matching the hardwood strips to the fireplace rocks?
http://i14.tinypic.com/400ci75.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/42k33oh.jpg
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

You can either scribe the flooring to the stone or undercut the stone and slide the flooring under it. If it were me, I'd undercut the stone. With scribing, you will always have a bit of a gap, especially as he seasons change, and you will either have to caulk it or live with it collecting crud. I think undercutting the stone will make a neater job.
An angle grinder with a diamond blade can do most of the job. It will be messy.
HTH,
Paul