How to connect wires?

Page 2 of 2
On 19 Sep 2006 23:13:22 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

No. (well, you shouldn't.)

In that case, don't do ANYTHING until you've bought or borrowed a book like "wiring 1-2-3" and read through it. There's nothing wrong with being ignorant, but you shouldn't cling to it.

appropriate terms ought to be a strong hint that you should not be doing this.
Toller wrote:

I'd suggest at least getting a friend who is familiar with this to show you how it's done. Failing that, there are books available at Homo Depot and the like that show how it should be done, complete with pics. I'm sure there are websites too. You can also open up an existing switch box and take a look.
But, there is no substitute for experience, so use caution.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com spake thus:

[...]
So some of us would really like to know: how'd it go? Did you get it working? No sparks? Are you still with us?
--
Napoleon won the battle of Waterloo. The German Wehrmacht won World War
II. The United States won in Vietnam, and the Soviets in Afghanistan.

I too notice many people who asked about wiring suddenly stop posting for good.
No doubt, the answers they received here must be so good there is no need to ask further questions.
I have succeeded 100% percent, I think.
I tried what was generously suggested, but I found that that approach lead to a collection of wires that could not be fit in the elctrical box.
So rather than uniting the hot wires in bundles and the grounds in bundles I ran a single got wire to each of the three switches by cutting a single piece of wire and stripping a short section in the middle to "capital-Omega" around the screw and the same for the ground wire (and grounded it, of course). I figured that lead to the same circuit withfewer wires and caps.
Does any of that sound wrong?
No sparks, everything works like charm.
Thanks for all the help and cautions.
Aaron Fude
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com spake thus:

Nope; you figured out the old electrician's trick on your own. Perfectly safe and legal.

Speaking for the congregation, glad we could be of assistance.
--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself