How to connect copper to PVC?

Page 2 of 2

<http://sharkbite.rapidfire.com.au/usa/en/products/push-fit-products/push-fit-fittings
The first time I saw Shark Bite fittings, it was like "This is a dream, right?" High priced crap! "Oh, not to worry, full money back guarantee."
Tried it on the little test pieces they had there, and I was suspicious. THIS WAS TOO EASY!
I had to fix 5 burst pipes under a mountain cabin, four of them in very tight spaces. Crawl spaces. Get under there and work at arm length spaces.
When I was introduced to them by the guy at Big Orange, I was highly skeptical. I got some, and used them, and fixed all my problems in 1/10 of the time it would have taken. And no fire sweating fittings under a wood cabin with leaves a foot thick all over, and in positions that would have been difficult for a contortionist.
Plain and simple, if you haven't tried them, look at them.
Coming from a person who is highly skeptical about everything in life, they work and are worth the money, and will make the job sooooooooooo much simpler. Lots of places where sweating is dangerous, can't get in there, stud's too tight, can't do this or that ..................... SHARK BITE! Copper to pex to pvc to copper to pex, it all just fits together if the OD is the same. It's so simple, it makes stupid people feel guilty. (Or at least in my case.)
The repairs are going on three seasons old now, a concern I had of them, whether or not they'd last. But even if they just last five years, I'd happily replace with them again just for the convenience and safety aspect of the job.
YMMV, and all that stuff ..................
Steve

Yep. That's one of my favorites. Cut and cap almost as quickly as talking about it. They're also really useful for shunting water temporarily while a bathroom or whatever is worked on.

I recall the time before pre-SharkBites that I was trying to sweat a cap onto a line.
Just as the solder started to flow the cap shot off the end of the pipe with a POP and flew across the basement, spewing the liquid solder in its path.
I'm glad no one else was nearby...could have caused injuries.
On 11/2/2011 10:07 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

you owe me a keyboard. I just spewed coke all over it LMAO...
--
Steve Barker