how to clean water line in amana side by side fridge

I just bought a used amana side by side fridge that is a few years old and everything works fine on it but it was sitting in the heat and wasnt left open to dry once it was unplugged. I cleaned the whole inside out with clorox and water but I don't know how to clean the water line to the water and ice dispenser. Im afraid it had water left in the line and its now got bacteria or something in it and I need help! Can you please tell me what I can do.....

Thanks- Julie

Reply to
julsb1982

Rinse with lye solution to sanitize.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

You have a couple of options.

  1. hook it up and run the water for a while, it may be fine, afterall it was sealed in the tube not exposed to much air.

  1. look for a water storage tank behind the bottom drawer in the fridge compartment. Put a few spoons of chlorine or iodine tabs in the tank then wait and run the water long enough to flush clean. Vinegar will work just as well and remove hard water deposits at the same time and is less toxic if you use too much

  2. Replace the tubing, it comes in kits at appliance parts counters.

No need to clean the copper supply tube (if it is copper) cause copper kills most microorganisms.

Reply to
PipeDown

Run a quart of water through the water server. (fill a quart pitcher from the water dispenser, and pour down the drain.) Throw away the ice cubes for the first t hree days. Enjoy. Public water is chlorinated. Maybe not enough for this, but at least some what.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks for your help everyone!!

Reply to