How to clean up old dead mice?!

I put some mechanical mouse traps in my cottage last fall. They toss the mice into a bin... I got back there for the first time in 4 months and found the bins full of "mouse". I emptied what I could, but the rest is pretty nasty.
Any suggestion on how to clean these beasts up for next year?

I'm thing cat right now. When can I stop thinking and what do I do next?
line the bin with a plastic bag... pull it out and toss it when you be done..

Post this message on "alt.support.diet.low-carb". You should easily find someone on that group who will be more than willing to collect them from you and add them to their diet. Mice are low in carbs, and will probably taste much better than most of the stuff they eat on that newsgroup.

Unless the traps are expensive, it might be a better idea to just throw them away and buy new ones.
As for cleaning them up... caustic soda (lye) should do a dandy job of it. Make sure to wear skin and eye protection, though.
For next year, put some lime in the bins. It will help decompose the carcasses.
toller wrote:

Think cat.

Spray oven cleaner? (caustic) Or soak in a strong cleaning solution,maybe TSP(tri-sodium phosphate) Then rinse well,soak in bleach.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Take to a car wash.High pressure spray them out.

050401 2159 - Jim Yanik posted:

Yes, and then just hang them up on a clothes line by their tails until dry.
toller wrote:

What kind of mouse trap works for months unattended and throws mice in a bin??? It this a Ron Popeil "Mouse A Matic" or such?
Bob
-