How to clean stainless steel?

Stains are not an issue, nor is cleanliness once you assume stainless is a "brushed" finish, not a polished finish. It is no accident that commercial kitchens are all stainless ... but they are not polished stainless. You can also order your appliances in brushed finish, usually referred to as fingerprint free or some such language. Once you decide brushed is the way to go, all those scratches add to the ambiance.

Reply to
gfretwell

Why do they call something so easily streaked "stainLESS", they could call it "stainMORE" and be more accurate.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You can use soda water in a spray bottle, then wipe with a lint-free cloth.

Reply to
Phisherman

On 9/30/2005 1:54 PM US(ET), Walter R. took fingers to keyboard, and typed the following:

I use a product called Peek, by Tri-Peek, a Canadian Company, with worldwide distribution. I bought it in NY. Works well and leaves no streaks.

willshak

I have absolutely no problem with mine... Honestly I use Finish Fast (an automotive detailer) I spray in on a rag and wipe the doos down...no streaks ...

I bet Mquires detailer (available at most auto stores) would work just as good....

Bob G..

Reply to
Bob G.

they sell SS cleaner......................i prefer the "pop-up" SS sheets, one use and toss!

Reply to
rosie read n' post